Suhendran has vast experience in corporate and commercial disputes as well as corporate restructuring and insolvency work. He is highly regarded in the niche practice of corporate and commercial malpractices and corporate and shareholder disputes and has appeared in derivative actions and oppression petitions. Suhendran also has considerable experience advising on contentious acquisitions and take-overs and has successfully defended many notable financial institutions and government-linked institutions.
Lynette has experience performing as an effective board member of both listed and unlisted companies.
Board positions & other responsibilities
Lynette currently holds the following positions:
- • Independent non-executive director of Malaysia Building Society Berhad.
• Independent non-executive director of CTOS Digital Berhad and its wholly owned subsidiary CTOS Data Systems Sdn. Bhd., the credit reporting agency.
• Board Member of the Securities Commission Malaysia.
• A Trustee of The Datai Pledge, the environmental protection and sustainability initiative founded by The Datai, Langkawi.
Lynette has been in practice at Malaysian law firms since January 1995, including as a partner at Kadir Andri & Partners and at Zaid Ibrahim & Co. She continues to advise on selected projects as a consultant at Sanjay Mohan, Advocates & Solicitors. This flexible arrangement affords her the time necessary to focus on board commitments.
Lynette is well known for her expertise in corporate work, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities regulation and funds (private equity, venture capital & REITs). She has worked on a number of Firsts and Landmark transactions, large and complex M&A deals as well as innovative structures for the Malaysian capital market, including the following:
- - Malaysia’s first REIT (Axis REIT),
- the first issue of structured warrants (by CIMB),
- the first take private of a public listed company via selective capital reduction (UDA),
- the landmark merger in the financial services sector (CIMB-Southern Bank),
- structuring the core investments forming the foundation for Iskandar Malaysia.
- the strategic take-over of MOX by Linde,
- the significant foreign direct investment by Honam through its take-over of Titan Chemicals Corp Berhad,
- the merger exercise to form SapuraKencana Petroleum,
- the acquisition of Kurnia Insurance by AmG Insurance,
- the IHH Healthcare Berhad IPO (the first concurrent dual listing in Malaysia and Singapore).
BA in Law (Honours) from the University of Cambridge, 1992
MA in Law (Honours) from the University of Cambridge, 1996
Admissions & memberships
Malaysian Bar 1994